Monday, June 14, 2010

Divine Appointment @ McDonalds

Our evening started out great, we got directions and were heading to McDonalds, then I made a wrong turn and we had to turn around, we finally found the McDonalds only to realize it was in the local WalMart. We then found the next McDonalds and headed to it by turning around again. We get to McDonalds and I have to go speak to the manager about our group as they were not expecting a large group. Once the group started going through the lines, I notice Jen Clum speaking with an older gentleman who was leaving the store. He was asking about someone who used to go to our church after Jen mentioned that we were with FBC Oviedo. She turned and pointed to me as someone who might know the person. I knew the person, however I cannot remember the name off hand. I spent a little time speaking with him and mentioned why we were her. He then told me that he was going to be going to Celebration Baptist, which is where we are serving, however he had transportation issues in the morning and missed the service. We shook hands and he left. About 10 minutes later, I noticed he was coming back in the door and he came right up to me and said he was so impressed that our 8th grade students were here serving this community that he wanted to pay for our meal at McDonalds. I put him together with Nathan & Chad and he proceeded to explain to Nathan that he was not from Tallahassee, however he was here for business and was going to be going to church in the morning and since we were there doing what we were doing, he felt lead by the Lord to do something special for our students. Had we done what we were originally going to do and eat earlier in the evening, had we not made a wrong turn and then gone to the wrong McDonalds, we would have been at that store much earlier and maybe have run this gentleman and his wife off before they had the chance to get their food and eat, we never would have been a witness to him. That my friends, is God and his timing and he put us there at the right time to meet and speak with this very nice gentleman. Praise God for the blessings he has already provided us on this trip.

John Crosby

1 comment:

  1. Praise the Lord! I'll continue to pray that our 8th grades students continue to serve and see God at work!

    Kay Pereira

    ReplyDelete