Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day One

These e-core kids gave me many God moments today! First, seeing my 14-yearold daughter who hates sweat and loves sleep up for "Fit Club" at 6:00 am was a God moment! (And she didn't skip her devotion to do it!)

Then I watch Amanda Nash minister to a little girl who had been treated badly by her friends. She encouraged her and prayed with her and then spoke to the "mean girls" who had been unfriendly--she managed to address the hurt in a kind and encouraging way.

As we did surveys in the heat, I was amazed to see my rather reserved 16-year-old step up to set an example for her younger sister and our group by offering to be the first to speak as we did surveys. (This is not a comfortable thing for her.) As it turned out, she had the most intimidating situation to deal with, but she did not falter. Her boldness encouraged the other girls in the group (and her mom).

Finally, seeing the teachability and openness of these kids is an example and a blessing to me! My prayer is that I would have that same openness, transparency and willingness to be taught by others.

Every parent at home: you can be very proud of your child!

No comments:

Post a Comment